Wednesday, March 10, 2004

Ron Silliman posts the answers to his quiz, along with the vast array of responses. Check your work.

Well, it turns out I obviously should have recognized poem A, having read Black Dog Songs just a few weeks ago, but apparently my memory isn't what it used to be. Or--more likely--that I actively resisted trying to think about who had written the poem (not that I would have necessarily gotten it if I tried), because I was too busy questioning the terms of the game. But it is kind of interesting, I guess, that in original post I took what was correctly identified as a characteristic Jarnot gesture--the repetitive structure of "as if..."--as mimicry of Rumsfeldian discourse; this makes me feel a little weird about the usual genealogy (Whitman, Stein) that's usually given to anaphora in Jarnot's work.

No comments: