Tuesday, October 21, 2003

From Stephanie Young:

On Choking: the use and abuse of pronouns in cases of self medication, a mystery strung together by commas, exactly the type of sentence that can cause a person to choke, a room with four walls, I choked on my latte, or choked with contempt, caught on her own words, being choked from behind, her own voice, all attempts to properly organize the father, "I saw how she touched you!", the line had a lot of static, your voice periodically sounds like a cell phone that has lost its connection, pieces of the email may break off, illegal jelly treats, "I am tiny!", choked up with emotion and stumbling over her own words, who is the misanthrope in the following sentence? My voice choked, and the words I could not speak to you quite choked my heart.

No comments: